Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Like a lamb to the slaughter...

What do you think of Pres. Bush's nominee to the Supreme Court, Harriet Miers?

Personally, I think she is like a sacrificial lamb being presented to appease the bloodthirsty Democrats who are just dying to oppose Bush in any way they can. I think that there will be a large opposition. It will be close when confirmation time comes around, but she may be defeated.

So, in this political chess move, Bush's next appointee may be better known and more easily confirmed because people will be sick of the bickering and Democrats will have been satisfied that they were able to thwart Bush, at least with Miers.

1 Comments:

At 2:24 PM, Blogger Tyler said...

My two cents is posted at the Pacific Slope.

I hope this is some brilliant political power play - because I'm not impressed so far.

I want Michael McConnell!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home