Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Breakfast Ruminations

Drinking my orange juice this morning, I notice the words "FROM CONCENTRATE." (Apparently because if they wrote "from concentrate" you wouldn't see their 1-point font and assume it was fresh.)

Being the hopeless nerd that I am, I read on. "CONCENTRATE FROM UNITED STATES, MEXICO, HONDURAS, OR BELIZE."

"OR"?

What, you don't know either? Gee, thanks for narrowing it down, as I was really worried I might get orange juice concentrate from Russia or something.

[Such are the workings of my mind before 8 AM. Not pretty.]

2 Comments:

At 1:05 PM, Blogger Nathan said...

I wonder if the growing seasons are staggered thereby allowing the consumer a competitively priced, refreshing glass of OJ all year long?

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger Nathan said...

In order to reduce weight and shipping costs, we will now completely dessicate your OJ instead of just concentrating it. Just add water to our lovely powder. For those of you who remember, it's just like Tang... drink of astronauts!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home