Thursday, March 30, 2006

Parking At Salt Lake International

I travelled to Billings, MT at the start of the week - hence my absence - and my trip sparked a question. No, not "What does a buffalo burger taste like?" Rather, I am forced to ask: at the Salt Lake International Airport, does the long-term parking lot A really exist?

You see, at the Salt Lake Airport, there are two long-term parking lots, Lot A and Lot B. Lot A is located immediately behind the parking garage on the airport grounds; Lot B is located just west of Wendover, NV.

I ask this question because every time I have parked out there, Lot A is full.

I have come to the conclusion it does not really exist, but is instead an airport defense against complaints about how one is closer to one's plane when he exits his car than when he enters the airport terminal. (At the very least, this is true when the airplane is taxiing for takeoff.)

Instead, Lot A really is a single row of junked cars, a "Lot A" sign and a "LOT FULL" sign.

Prove me wrong. Please.

[P.S. Being a construction worker at SLC International must be a sweet job. The construction never ends. It never goes anywhere, either. Talk about job security.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home