Tuesday, January 31, 2006

I Write The Tuesday Eclectic

And just like that, a Czar is born. Welcome aboard. [SIR! STEP AWAY FROM THE PUN AND BACK AWAY!] Okay, I'm going, I'm going...

Czar isn't the only new blogger we hope to be adding - so stay tuned.

In a bit of a rush all of a sudden, so here's a few links to keep you busy: Beware of senile octopus attacks; an update on the volcano Mt. Augustine; a rough weekend for railroading in Washington State; and some recommended reading by Jamo and yours truly.

Later.


P.S.: Contest for you - name the literary allusion contained in this post. Put it in the comments.

UPDATE: Contest is over. Answer in the comments.

2 Comments:

At 12:45 PM, Blogger Tyler said...

Still have time...

Speaking of Andromeda Strain - I liked it, too. It was one of his first, so go easy on him - Jurassic Park is much, much better. The concept is cool. I couldn't help but think of it when that Stardust probe landed here recently.

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger Tyler said...

There are three acceptable answers:

"I sing the body electric"

- the poem by Walt Whitman

- the story by Ray Bradbury (what I was aiming for)

- the Twilight Zone episode based on the short story by Ray Bradbury

Nobody's ever heard that phrase before?

Yes, I know. I need a girlfriend. Believe me, I know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home