Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Beat the PhD...REVISED

So, I tend to get a little frustrated with certain people I work with who all have PhDs. But now that I've gone off and made fun of my co-worker, the immortal words from the Sermon on the Mount keep running through my head:

1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother’s eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother’s eye.
-Matt. 7:1-5

I apologize. It's so much easier to see the negative in people when we should really be looking for the positive.

6 Comments:

At 3:15 PM, Blogger j.m. said...

I'm likely to pick option 5. Realizing I know nothing about UV lamps... I'd ask someone who would know. And then I'd confirm with someone else (just in case #1 happened to be a hapless twit).

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger Nathan said...

Congrats...you beat the PhD. Your prize will be a billboard on I-15 declaring that you are still single :)

 
At 7:25 AM, Blogger Maine Man said...

If, as I learned at BYU, BS mean "Bull S**T" and MS means "More S**T" then PhD mean "Pile it Higher and Deeper." If we except this as true (as it must be because I learned it at BYU) and the pattern continues, then the more educational achievements one possesses equates to a greater level of crap. I think that by the time one reaches the level of PhD, that his head is so full of crap it can no longer be contained and must escape through his mouth.

Nate, your recent experience shows that you were on the receiving end of this expultion.

 
At 8:07 AM, Blogger Nathan said...

On a daily basis, as a matter of fact. "Beat the PhD" may become a regular segment.

For those of you wondering...d is the best answer. If you answered a,b, or c then you must be a PhD!

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger Tyler said...

Nate - you definitely need to make this a regular feature.

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger Nathan said...

UPDATE: I was just asked to return the UV lamp so that we can get a better one. I saw that one coming!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home