Friday, April 28, 2006

Matrox RT.X2 - Finally the PCIe Video Editing Solution I have been waiting for!

Matrox RT.X2 - Professional relation native HDV and DV editing

I have been using Matrox Video's RT card for years, and they have really been a dream to work with. I can't imagine trying to edit video on a computer without them.

Over the past years cpu's and graphic cards have really made some huge strides. What has made the big difference? Increased memory and bandwidth. Bandwidth in my opinion being the most important, by increasing the capacity of pipelines in and out of the CPU and or graphic card, it allows things to runs more smoothly and efficiently.

the Matrox cards I have used have always been limited by the fact that they were standard PCI cards, Martox has done some amazing things with that PCI slot, they have stretched it to its limit as far a bandwidth goes. But there is only so much you can do with video when you are limited to such small bandwidth. It got to the point that there was only a select number of motherboards that could use the ancient PCI slot well enough to work well with the latest Matrox PCI Cards.

Well, I am really excited that Matrox has jumped up to using a PCIExpress Card, thus opening the bandwidth floodgate, and really taking advantage of the latest advances in CPU's and Graphic Cards. Thus enabling us to edit HDV video with the same real-time performance we have been used to while editing DV. And taking the standard DV editing to a whole new level. I can't even image why anyone would need 8-9 real-time streams of DV video, but with the latest computer system and matrox RT.X2 it is possible. And I wont cost you your arm-and leg to do it, just your arm.

1 Comments:

At 11:13 AM, Blogger The Unknowable said...

whoa, i meant to post this on my other blog, I seems a little out of place here. but anyhow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home