Friday, April 21, 2006

Google to acquire wireless spectrum bandwidth?

Google to acquire wireless spectrum bandwidth? | TG Daily

For the first quarter, the firm reported revenues of $2.25 billion, up 79% over Q1 of 2005 and a profit of $592 million, up 60% over the same quarter last year.

Yep, you read that right. 2006 first quarter revenues of $2.25 billion. Not bad for a company less than a decade old and with almost nothing on its homepage. But the coolest part of this news is that Google is looking into expanding into wireless internet services.

I like the business model paradigm shift.

Old model = come up with something cool everyone loves and force people to pay for it

New model = come up with something cool everyone loves, offer it for free, and the money will find you anyway

1 Comments:

At 2:04 PM, Blogger The Cheeseburglar said...

Yo j.m.

I like this post, I think google is without question the most interesting business in the world to watch right now. I have made some commentaries of my own about google on my own blog, which you should check out.
Also, I want to affiliate my own blog with the wasatch front and become a contributor. Sign me up!

peace.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home