Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Bush to Announce Court Nominee Tonight - Yahoo! News

Bush to Announce Court Nominee Tonight - Yahoo! News

White House press secretary Scott McClellan said the Bush administration was asking television outlets to broadcast the speech live. Bush's spokesman would not identify the president's choice. But there was intense speculation that it would be Judge Edith Clement of the U.S. Court of Appeals in New Orleans.

While watching this story on CNN during lunch, CNN said that Judge Clement was not available for comments today.

4 Comments:

At 12:21 PM, Blogger Matt Garn said...

Hopefully I will have time to post more on this subject. As you can immagine my office has alreay started to make preperations. It is going to be a fun end to the summer. No matter who he puts up this is going to be a long hard fought battle. I just hope that I dont have to go on the phones in my remaining 3 weeks. There are bound to be a lot of unhappy people that will clog up our phone lines.

I'm looking forward to it as well though. When interesting stuff like this is going on time goes by very quickly and work isn't as boring.

Thats all I have time for from DC for now.

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger Nathan said...

Do you think the quick decision is an attempt to take the focus away from Rove?

 
At 4:27 AM, Blogger Maine Man said...

Nah, When O'conner announced her retirement he said he'd announce a replacement as soon as he returned to the States. If I recall, that was before Rove was found out.

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger Nathan said...

You're right. I bet Bush has been pondering this one for a while. I remember it came up several times during the last election because a bench opening was anticipated.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home