Thursday, May 05, 2005

View Number Two: Third Time's the Charm

"All human situations have their inconveniences. We feel those of the present but neither see nor feel those of the future; and hence we often make troublesome changes without amendment, and frequently for the worse."
--Benjamin Franklin


The events of today will surly lead to the events of tomorrow. There are aspects of the political landscape in our own country that echo a frightening parallel with the events and philosophies of past enemies. With the twisted lies and views that we weave through today, we may suspect our time is portentious of the most terrible future. We may be right.

General George Washington's Vision

A few Words by Edgar Cayce

3 Comments:

At 9:11 AM, Blogger Nathan said...

We are certainly at a pivotal point in history. Will the people of this country turn to their Maker, or utterly shun Him?

However, as to the vision of George Washington, I have serious doubts as to its authenticity. First, is there any instance in the scriptures of a female angel delivering a message from God? Second, there are several instances where a heavenly messenger will address the person, calling him by name (rather than some trivial title such as "son of the republic).

It is my opinion that the writer of the Washington vision went to great lengths to mimic the literary style found in the Revelation of St. John. Even though the author wrote very eloquently, his use of numbers and symbolism is absolutely inconsistent with scripture. I will comment further if you would like.

With regards to Edgar Cayce, I have a hard time accepting that a "psychic trance" would provide messages from a heavenly source.

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger The Niem said...

Your observations are probably true concerning the Washington Vision. I guess it's unlikely that I would post anything to provoke the thoughts of my fellows...

However, concerning Cayce... I've read quite a few of his readings and from my view of things, there is a certain degree of merit. You have to use a lot of sensible interpretive skills to decipher some of it, but so far I'm impressed.

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger Nathan said...

On the contrary, I posted a comment BECAUSE you "provoked the thoughts" of at least myself.

Also, even though I may come off critical, I will readily admit that the sources cited could possibly be true...I'm just not ready to accept them at face value at this point.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home