Monday, April 04, 2005

See? I'm not on crack. Today, anyway.

I'm always saying that tomatoes are good for your prostate. People often look at me weirdly and say "Tomatoes are gross." I respond with something like, "Whatever. Enjoy your cancer."

Here's some proof. Finally. Vindication.

Research suggests that lycopene, a substance found in tomatoes, may play a role in lowering men's odds of developing prostate cancer. Cooked tomato products, such as tomato sauce, are particularly healthful. Cooking breaks down tomato cell walls and releases the lycopene, making it easier for the body to absorb. A 2001 study by the National Foundation for Cancer Research found men with prostate cancer who ate one entree with tomato sauce per day for three weeks before surgery had a significant decrease in prostate tissue damage after their operations.

http://health.yahoo.com/nutrition_fitness/miavita/tod=20021027

So, when you get prostate cancer, don't say I never told you to eat tomatoes. Becaues I probably did.

(disclaimer: I'm not actually bitter.)

2 Comments:

At 8:19 AM, Blogger Tyler said...

You worry me sometimes, Jamo.

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger The Niem said...

Great post! I like tomato soup. BTW, you guys had better be advertising this blog. If I'm posting stuff, somebody better be reading it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home